Thursday 1 August 2013

Uploading images to Blogger

I have been struggling for a while to get images uploaded to blogger successfully every time.

My usual browser is Firefox, less and less frequently am I able to upload images using the Insert Image button in the composer without it throwing an error. I have seen other blogger's comments that say it works much better in html mode than in the wysiwyg mode, however most of the time this failed for me in the same way.

There is also some suggestion by other bloggers that this works much better in Chrome, however, I also see a number of comments from people that this is unpredictable as well.

I came across another web browser, which seems to work every time (fingers crossed), this is a lightweight webkit based browser called Arora (http://code.google.com/p/arora/).

While this continues to work, I will be using this to update my blog.

**Update Sept 2013**
An update to firefox worked for a while, however I am back with Arora as now I am getting a different issue.
Every time I login I get a message telling me I have logged out from somewhere else and do I want to login again. I see this was reported as a known issue a year ago, however it seems to have reappeared.