Monday 24 June 2013

Early Birthday Present

For the last few days I have been playing with my early birthday present (thanks to my wife), a Raspberry Pi.
Bought the kit from Maplin so I did not have to buy extra pieces (with the exception of an HDMI to DVI adapter) and could just plug it in and power it up.
The aim is to use it to do some programming with it.

I know it is billed as a credit card sized computer, however I had the impression (not sure why as I have seen them before) it was a little bigger. It is tiny, see comparison photo.

RaspberryPi
Raspberry Pi next to ruler

















I have been messing round with using the pygame library that is built on top of SDL. Thinking of re-working some examples given to some of my university students using this library, should be fairly easy to convert from java.

Seemed to be a problem the other day with uploading photos to the blog so delay in posting this entry.